Nov 23 2009

Just a Start

Published by at 8 59 am under Chit Chat,Christmas Cards

I’ve barely got a start, but I wanted to show you the very first step in the card-making process — for me anyway. It starts with inspiration, an idea or a specific need. Inspiration and ideas can come from anywhere — whatever we see in the world around us that tickles our fancy. And we often have projects to complete that we need. Myneedright nowis to make quick Christmas cards. I know I want them relatively simple in design, yet beautifullyrich in Christmas colors, with someelement of lush, plush or elegance added. Today I’m allowing a pad ofChristmas Designer Paper to inspire me. And that is always Step #1 for me in creating a project — pulling out the papers I want to use and finding ribbons to coordinate with them. Here are the papers and ribbons I’ve got layed out and ready for the next time I can find a few moments to go to my stamp room and create:

inspiration-wvelvet-520-204.jpg

All papers here are from the Belle 6 x 6 pad by Kaiser, giving me the beautiful Christmas colors I was after.Belle alsohas several sheets in it that are flocked (the first 2 printed sheets) — giving me the rich texture I desire. The 3rdprinted sheet is full of sparklies! I plan to add more richness with coordinating Velvet Ribbons by May Arts. And that’s as far as I’ve gotten. No clue yet whatstamps I’ll use! But I have a start — so when I go down to my stamp room next, I can dig right in! Taking baby steps, doing things in small segments — if that’s all the time we have to devote to project, that’s OK — we’re still moving forward — so even if you’re super busy, try to take the first little step and just get started!!!

Also, just wanted tosay I shipped out about 90%my JustRite preorders on Saturday, and the remaining 10% will ship out today. I have plentyof all the NEW JustRite items in stock for immediate shipment. You can see numerous samples by scrolling down through my blog for the past couple weeks and by checking them out here, (scroll down to the JustRite section).

Also, to aid you in your Christmas preparation and/or your Christmas shopping, The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a number of sales running at this time:

15% off all Ribbon by the Spool (not cut yardage).

30% off the original boxed Monogram Sets by JustRite

20% off all Christmas Sets by JustRite

Reduced prices on buttons by Basic Grey and Rusty Pickle

20% offboth the Full Sized and Mini Scor-It Score Boards

To order, merely email me at [email protected] and give me your list and your address so I can calculate postage. I’ll then invoice you via PayPal. You maypay with a credit card through PayPay or youmay send a check if you prefer. That’s it.

Thanks for checking in! I’ll get back with those completed cards just as soon as I possibly can — life has a way of getting SO busy. We’ve been experiencing some unusually beautiful November weather, which is a total bonus for us at this time of year! It does the spirit well! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving week ahead — hope to be back soon!!!!

One response so far

One Response to “Just a Start”

  1. nancy littrell says:

    Happy Thanksgiving Sharon to you and your family. We leave in the a.m. for a 8-10 hr drive to Seattle to spend several days with our eldest DD and family. I can’t wait. I also can’t wait to see your Xmas cards made with your beautiful DP and ribbon. TFS

Leave a Reply

Cookie Policy

© 2013-2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands.